Utility Model Application
We protect your invention as an utility model.
Your advantages for utility model applications with us
- Free legal advice our Certified IP lawyers with more than 20 years experience
- Experienced trademark law firms in each country prepare and file your utility model application
- Flat fees incl. official fees. No hidden costs.
- No charges for forwarding of office actions
- Simple and secure online ordering.
- Comprehensive advice from IP lawyers
How to start your utility model application
You can selct the order forms below regarding the country, in which you want to file the utility model application. One we have received your instructions we will contact you regarding the next steps and details.
Do you have questions?
What is an utility model?
A utility model is an exclusive right granted for an invention, which allows the right holder to prevent others from commercially using the protected invention, without his authorization, for a limited period of time. In its basic definition, which may vary from one country (where such protection is available) to another, a utility model is similar to a patent. In fact, utility models are sometimes referred to as "petty patents" or "innovation patents."
The conditions for the registration of utility models are usually less stringent (since no inventive step or only a less significant inventive step is required), the procedure for registration is faster (since novelty and inventive step are usually not examined prior to registration) and acquisition and maintenance fees are generally lower than those applicable to patents.