Trademark Registration China
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||€300.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||Yes|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|miscellaneous||from 11th good per class additional 25 EUR per good|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||15|
Trademark Registration in China
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in China. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in China, submission of the trademark application in China and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in China includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in China without opposition.
The trademark registration order for China includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in China (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in China and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in China which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for China for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in China we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law in China
I. Required documents
PoA simply signed
• legal entity must provide copy of certificate of incorporation, individual must provide copy of passport / ID
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 15 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- CTMO´s examiners will not generally accept LoCs issued by owners of prior marks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification, special subclass system
- multi-class applications allowed
- retail and wholesale services (class 35) other than those featuring pharmaceutical, veterinary, sanitary preparations and medical supplies, will not be accepted
- opposition period is 3 months from the date of publication of the trademark application
V. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 3 years from the date of registration
- trademark may be cancelled if it is not used for a continuous period of three years preceeding the date of CTMO´s receipt of the cancellation request
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of registration
- renewable for periods of 10 years; 12 months before the expiration date (which is 10 years calculated from the registration date)
- grace period: 6 months after the due date
- fine to be paid for late renewal