Trademark Registration Vietnam
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||EUR 200.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||Yes|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|miscellaneous||from 7th good per class additional 20 EUR per good and/or service|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||12|
Trademark Registration in Vietnam
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Vietnam. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Vietnam, submission of the trademark application in Vietnam and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Vietnam includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Vietnam without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Vietnam includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Vietnam (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Vietnam and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Vietnam which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Vietnam for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Vietnam we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law
- PoA (no notarization / legalization required)
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 12 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: formal examination, publication of the application, substantive examination, registration, publication of the registration
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed
- marks registered in black and white or in grayscale will not be regarded as covering other colors / color combinations
- applications may be opposed at any time between the publication date of the application and the issuance of the registration certificate
- trademark has to be used within 5 years from the date of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 5 consecutive years
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark