Trademark Registration Venezuela
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Multiple classes possible||no|
|Protection Period (years)||15|
|International Registration possible||No|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||Yes|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||12-14|
Trademark Registration in Venezuela
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Venezuela. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Venezuela, submission of the trademark application in Venezuela and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Venezuela includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Venezuela without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Venezuela includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Venezuela (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Venezuela and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Venezuela which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Venezuela for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Venezuela we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law in Venezuela
I. Required documents
- PoA (legalized by Apostille or up to the Venezuelan Consulate)
- documents have to be translated into Spanish by a Venezuelan sworn translator
- trademark searches are mandatory and have to be filed along with the application
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 12 - 14 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification, but reclassification into the classes of the national Venezuelan classification additionally required
- no multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 30 working days from the date of publication of the trademark application in the IP Bulletin
V. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 2 years from the date of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 2 consecutive years
VI. Duration Period
- 15 years from date of registration
- renewable for periods of 15 years