Trademark Registration Spain
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||EUR 250.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||Yes|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||4-8|
Trademark Registration in Spain
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Spain. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Spain, submission of the trademark application in Spain and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Spain includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Spain without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Spain includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Spain (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Spain and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Spain which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Spain for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Spain we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law
I. Required documents
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 4 - 8 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- urgent examination possible, additional fee required
- application process includes a formal examination and an examination of distinctiveness
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 2 months from the date of publication of the trademark application
V. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 5 years from the date of the publication of the registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 5 consecutive years
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark
- additional fees to be paid for late renewal