Trademark Registration Saudi Arabia
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||EUR 0.00|
|Multiple classes possible||no|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||No|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||Yes|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||9-12|
Trademark Registration in Saudi Arabia
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Saudi Arabia. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Saudi Arabia, submission of the trademark application in Saudi Arabia and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Saudi Arabia includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Saudi Arabia without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Saudi Arabia includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Saudi Arabia (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Saudi Arabia and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Saudi Arabia which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Saudi Arabia for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Saudi Arabia we send you the certificate.
Trademark law in Saudi Arabia
I. Required documents
- original Power of Attorney duly notarized and legalized up to the Saudi Arabian Embassy
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is approx. 9 to 12 months
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- coexistence agreements with owners of prior trademarks are NOT accepted
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification (as a general guide)
- only one class per trademark allowed
- opposition period is 90 days from the date of publication of the application in the official gazette
V. Use requirements
- To avoid being attacked on the ground of non-use, a trademark must be used within the following period of time: A trademark becomes vulnerable to cancellation when it has not been used for a period of five consecutive years without a legitimate excuse. The law is silent as to when this period commences
- Proof of use is not required prior to the issuance of a registration or the issuance of a notice of allowance/acceptance
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- Please note, the ten years are calculated under the Hijiri calendar (the calendar observed in Saudi Arabia). The Hijiri calendar is lunar and so a Hijiri year is on average 11 days shorter than a Gregorian year
- renewable for periods of 10 years (Please note, the 10 year period is calculated under the Hijiri calendar)
- grace period 6 months (Hijiri months)