Trademark Registration Russia
We will process your trademark registration in Russia. The price includes our lawyer’s fees as well as all official fees for the registration and implementation of the trademark without opposition.
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||EUR 300.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||Yes|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||12|
Trademark Registration in Russia
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Russia. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Russia, submission of the trademark application in Russia and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Russia includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Russia without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Russia includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Russia (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Russia and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Russia which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Russia for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Russia we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law
I. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 12 months, provided that no objections are raised
- application process includes a formal examination and an examination of distinctiveness
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed
- Russian law contains no provisions governing formal opposition against pending applications.
However, Rospatent publishes the details of trademark applications; after publication but prior to making a decision on trademark registration, any person is entitled to file with Rospatent written objections specifying the reasons for rejection of the Registration (according to p. 1 of Article 1493 of the Civil Code); the aforesaid objections are then taken into account during the examination of the application (the objections are to be based on Articles 1477 and 1483 of the Civil Code). The opposition procedure is not a substitute for, but supplements, the examination of the trademark application, which is conducted by Rospatent.
IV. Use requirements
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 3 consecutive years
V. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark
- additional fees to be paid for renewal between the beginning of the 1rd and the end of the 6th month from the expiration of the mark