Trademark Registration Philippines
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||EUR 200.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||3|
|International Registration possible||Yes|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||8-10|
Trademark Registration in the Philippines
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Philippines. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Philippines, submission of the trademark application in Philippines and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Philippines includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Philippines without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Philippines includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Philippines (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Philippines and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Philippines which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Philippines for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Philippines we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law in the Philippines
I. Required documents
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 8 - 10 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 30 days from the date of publication of the trademark application in the official E-Gazette
- opposition period may be extended three times for a maximum of 30 days each (total: 120 days from the publication date)
V. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 3 years from application date
- declaration and evidence of actual use (DAU) has to be filed to prevent automatic cancellation
- DAU has to be notarized
- one 6-months - extension to file DAU available
- a second DAU has to be filed within one year following the 5th year from the date of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 3 consecutive years
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of registration
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark
- payment of surcharge fees for late renewal