Trademark Registration OAPI
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||€310.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||Yes|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||9 - 12|
Trademark Registration OAPI
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in OAPI. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in OAPI, submission of the trademark application in OAPI and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in OAPI includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in OAPI without opposition.
The trademark registration order for OAPI includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in OAPI (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in OAPI and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in OAPI which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for OAPI for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in OAPI we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law OAPI
I. Required documents
II. Application Procedure
- Member States: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Chad, Comoro Islands, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, Togo and the Union of the Comoros.
- OAPI joint the Madrid Protocol on March 5th, 2015
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 9 - 12 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination and an examination of distinctiveness
- order of process is: examination, registration, publication
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed, but single applications have to be filed for goods on one hand and services on the other
- opposition period is 6 months from the date of publication of the trademark
V. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 5 years from the date of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 5 consecutive years
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark
- additional fees to be paid for late renewal