Trademark Registration Monaco
We will process your trademark registration in Monaco.The price includes our lawyer’s fees as well as all official fees for the registration and implementation of the trademark without opposition.
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||EUR 150.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||Yes|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||3|
Trademark Registration in Monaco
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Monaco. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Monaco, submission of the trademark application in Monaco and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Monaco includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Monaco without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Monaco includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Monaco (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Monaco and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Monaco which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Monaco for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Monaco we send you the certificate.
Trademark Law Monaco
I. Required documents
· A signed power of attorney. Notarization or legalization of the power of attorney is not required.
II. Application procedure
· The procedure from the filing of the application to the registration of a trademark usually takes 3 months, provided that the application is not objected to by the office.
· The formal requirements for registration are examined. In addition, it is examined whether there are any absolute grounds for refusal, such as lack of distinctiveness. A search for older trademarks is not carried out.
· Procedure: Examination, registration, publication
· Nice Classification. 10th edition
· A simultaneous trademark application in several classes is possible.
IV. Opposition procedure
· Monaco’s trademark law does not provide for opposition. If a trademark is to be cancelled, a judicial procedure must be carried out for this purpose.
V. Requirements for the use of the trademark
· The trademark must be used within 5 years from the date of publication of the registration, otherwise the trademark may be cancelled at the request of a third party if it is not used within a period of 5 consecutive years from the date of receipt of the request for cancellation by the Trademark Office.
VI. Duration of validity
· 10 years calculated from the date of the trademark application.
VII. Trademark renewal
· Renewal is possible for a period of 10 years at a time.
· A grace period for trademark renewal of 6 months is granted.
· Additional fees must be paid for late trademark renewal.