Trademark Registration Malta
We will process your trademark registration in Malta. The price includes our lawyer’s fees as well as all official fees for the registration and implementation of the trademark without opposition.
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||EUR 230.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||No|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||12|
Trademark Registration in Malta
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Malta. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Malta, submission of the trademark application in Malta and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Malta includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Malta without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Malta includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Malta (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Malta and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Malta which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Malta for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Malta we send you the certificate.
Trademark Law Malta
I. Required documents
II. Application procedure
· The duration of the procedure from the filing of the application to the registration of a trademark is usually 9 months, provided that the application is not objected to by the office.
· The formal requirements for registration are examined. In addition, it is examined whether absolute or relative grounds for refusal, such as lack of distinctiveness or earlier trademarks, stand in the way of trademark registration.
· Procedure: Examination, registration, publication
· Nice Classification
· A simultaneous trademark application in several classes is possible.
IV. Opposition Procedure
· Maltese trademark law does not provide for opposition. Cancellation requests can be filed within 5 years from the date of registration.
V. Requirements for the use of the trademark
· The trademark must be used within 5 years from the date of registration, otherwise the trademark may be cancelled at the request of third parties if it is not used within a period of 5 consecutive years from the date of receipt of the request for cancellation by the Trademark Office.
VI. Duration of validity
· 10 years calculated from the date of the trademark application.
VII. Trademark renewal
· Renewal is possible for a period of 10 years at a time.
· A grace period for trademark renewal of 6 months is granted.
· Additional fees must be paid for late trademark renewal.