Trademark Registration Kuwait
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||€0.00|
|Multiple classes possible||no|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||No|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||Yes|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||6-10|
Trademark Registration in Kuwait
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Kuwait. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Kuwait, submission of the trademark application in Kuwait and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Kuwait includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Kuwait without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Kuwait includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Kuwait (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Kuwait and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Kuwait which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Kuwait for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Kuwait we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law in Kuwait
I. Required Documents
- legalized power of attorney
- simple copy of the certificate of incorporation
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is approx. 6 to 10 months
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- coexistence agreements with owners of prior trademarks are accepted
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification
- only one class per trademark allowed
- the trademark law does not provide protection for trademarks covering alcoholic drinks in classes 32 and 33 and pork meat in class 29. Class No. 33 has been completely dropped and the international class 34 has been reinstated for tobacco products
- opposition period is 60 days from the date of publication of the application in the official gazette
V. Use Requirements
- to avoid being attacked on the ground of non-use, a trademark must be used within the following period of time: five consecutive years from the registration date
- proof of use is not required prior to the issuance of a registration or the issuance of a notice of allowance/acceptance
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years from filing date
- grace period 6 months
- required: simply signed power of attorney, original certificate of registration