Trademark Registration Ireland
We will process your trademark registration in Ireland. The price includes our lawyer’s fees as well as all official fees for the registration and implementation of the trademark without opposition.
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||€190.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||Yes|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||6-9|
Trademark Registration in Ireland
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Ireland. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Ireland, submission of the trademark application in Ireland and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Ireland includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Ireland without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Ireland includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Ireland (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Ireland and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Ireland which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Ireland for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Ireland we send you the certificate.
Trademark Law Ireland
I. Required documents
II. Application procedure
· The duration of the procedure from the filing of the application to the registration of a trademark is usually 2 months, provided that the application is not objected to by the office and no opposition is filed.
· The formal requirements for registration are examined. In addition, it is examined whether absolute or relative grounds for refusal, such as lack of distinctiveness or earlier trademarks, stand in the way of trademark registration.
· Procedure: Examination, Publication, Registration
· Nice Classification
· A simultaneous trademark application in several classes is possible.
IV. Opposition procedure
· Within a period of 3 months minus 1 day calculated from the publication of the trademark application, third parties may file an opposition.
V. Requirements for the use of the trademark
· The trademark must be used within 5 years from the date of registration, otherwise the trademark may be cancelled at the request of third parties if it is not used within a period of 5 consecutive years from the date of receipt of the request for cancellation by the Trademark Office
VI. Duration of validity
· 10 years minus 1 day calculated from the date of filing of the trademark application.
VII. Trademark renewal
· Renewal is possible for a period of 10 years at a time.
· A grace period for trademark renewal of 6 months is granted.
· Additional fees must be paid for late trademark renewal.