Trademark Registration India
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||€300.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||Yes|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||18-24|
Trademark Registration in India
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in India. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in India, submission of the trademark application in India and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in India includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in India without opposition.
The trademark registration order for India includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in India (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in India and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in India which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for India for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in India we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law in India
I. Required documents
- dates of first use / statement of intention to use
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 18 - 24 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 4 months from the date of publication of the trademark application
V. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 5 years from the date of grant of registration / sealing date
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark