Trademark Registration Hong Kong
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||EUR 380.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||No|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||6-9|
Trademark Registration in Hong Kong
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Hong Kong. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Hong Kong, submission of the trademark application in Hong Kong and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Hong Kong includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Hong Kong without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Hong Kong includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Hong Kong (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Hong Kong and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Hong Kong which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Hong Kong for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Hong Kong we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law in Hong Kong
I. Required documents
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 6 - 9 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- LoCs issued by the owner of prior marks are accepted
- trademarks registered in Hongkong will not automatically be protected in China and vice versa
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed
- special requirements for non-traditional marks
- opposition period is 3 months minus 1 day from the date of publication of the trademark application
- a two-months-extension may be granted if requested during the opposition period
V. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 3 years from the date of registration
- trademark has to be used 3 years immediately prior to the cancellation request
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of registration
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months after the expiration date of the mark
- fine to be paid for late renewal
- restauration possible for 6 months after the date of removal of the trademark
- fine to be paid for restauration