Trademark Registration Guyana
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||€656.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||7|
|International Registration possible||No|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||Yes|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||6|
Trademark Registration in Guyana
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Guyana. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Guyana, submission of the trademark application in Guyana and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Guyana includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Guyana without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Guyana includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Guyana (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Guyana and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Guyana which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Guyana for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Guyana we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law in Guyana
I. Required Documents
- PoA (notarized)
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 6 - 12 months for UK-based applications, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed, processing time for non UK-based applications might be significantly longer
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification (45 classes) if application is UK-based, other applications will only cover goods (classes 1-34)
- multi-class applications allowed for UK-based applications only
- opposition period is 1 month from the date of publication of the trademark application
V. Use Requirements
- trademark has to be used within 5 years from the date of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 5 consecutive years
VI. Duration Period
- UK-based applications: identical to UK trademark
- non UK-based applications: 7 years from the date of application
- UK-based applications: identical to UK trademark, i.e. renewable for periods of 10 years provided UK registration has been renewed as well
- non UK-based applications: renewable for periods of 14 years
- grace period: 1 month from the date the non-renewal has been advertised in the local Gazette