Trademark Registration Costa Rica
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||€500.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||No|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||4-6|
Trademark Registration in Costa Rica
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Costa Rica. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Costa Rica, submission of the trademark application in Costa Rica and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Costa Rica includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Costa Rica without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Costa Rica includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Costa Rica (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Costa Rica and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Costa Rica which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Costa Rica for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Costa Rica we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law in Costa Rica
I. Required Documents
- PoA (notarized)
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 4 - 6 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 2 months from the date of the first publication of the trademark application
V. Use Requirements
- trademark has to be used within 5 years from the date of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 5 consecutive years
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of registration
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark
- additional fees to be paid for late renewal