Trademark Registration Colombia
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Fee additional class||EUR 450.00|
|Multiple classes possible||yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|International Registration possible||Yes|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||No|
|Process Duration (est. in months)||6-9|
Trademark Registration in Colombia
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Colombia. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Colombia, submission of the trademark application in Colombia and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Colombia includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Colombia without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Colombia includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Colombia (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Colombia and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Colombia which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Colombia for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Colombia we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law in Colombia
Colombia is a member of the Andean Community which provides common rules re. trademark matters in all member states
I. Required documents
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 6 - 9 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: publication, examination, registration
- Nice Classification used as a general guide
- multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 30 working days from the date of publication of the trademark application
V. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 3 years from the date of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 3 consecutive years
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of registration
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark
- additional fees to be paid for late renewal