Design Patent Registration in Saudi Arabia
|Alternatively Registration via Hague Agreement possible||Yes|
|Protection Period (years)||10|
|Power of Attorney must be notarized||Yes|
|max period of protection maximum (years)||10|
|Flat fee incl. official fees||Yes|
|Annuities||300 USD per year|
Design registration in Saudi Arabia
Here you can mandate us to file a design patent application in Saudi Arabia. Our offer includes the official fees for an application and registration process without an opposition or office action.
The design of a product is one of the decisive factors for its market success. It can become an important asset of your company, particularly if it is a best seller.
In Saudi Arabia an industrial design is a composition of a two-dimensional lines or colors, or any three dimensional shape that gives an industrial product or a product of traditional crafts, a special appearance provided that this is not only for functional of technical purpose including textile designs. It has to be differed from Layout designs which are understood as three dimensional disposition of the elements – at least one of which is active – and of some or all of the interconnections of an integrated circuit, or such a three dimensional disposition prepared for an integrated circuit intended for manufacture.
A registered industrial design in Saudi Arabia gives you the exclusive right to use the design. To obtain this right, the entry in an official register is required. With the entry in the official design registry, you will receive the appropriate intellectual property rights for the shape and the design of your product. It protects the shape and colors of the product as shown in the register - from cars to lemon squeezer. The protection covers the design of three-dimensional objects - for example, furniture, cars and toys - as well as the design of two-dimensional objects - such as fabrics, wallpaper. Even logos, graphics or icons can login to design protection.
With the registered industrial design in Saudi Arabia, you can prohibit others to use the protected design without your consent in identical form. Furthermore all possible actions are included which relate to your design - for example, offering products in which your design is used, the production, sale or import and export, as well as the possession for these purposes. The scope of the design patent extends not only to identical imitations, but regularly also on all the products that provide the same overall impression as shown I the views of your design patent
Industrial design protection in Saudi Arabia arises with the registration of a design with effect from the date of filing of the application. In special cases the protection may start before the date of filing the application in Saudi Arabia, if a priority claim of an early filed foreign design application filed within the last 6 months is requested within your new application.
The industrial design request must be maintained annually; even in case the industrial design right is not granted and registered yet to obtain total term of protection of 10 years. After paying the required fees for the first 3 years without being granted the protection, postpone payment of the fees for the following years may be done if the decision to grant the Industrial design is issued.
A design patent in Saudi Arabia is regularly not fully reviewed intellectual property right. Conditions for protection are the novelty and an individual character of your design. Nevertheless the registered industrial design shall be deemed novel.
For the registration your design you will need:
- the name of your design; br />
- images showing only your product in front of a neutral (white) background, please provide us with black and white pictures or technical drawings reduced to the lines of the design without any further technical information that show the design views from all possible directions (bottom, top, left, right view etc.); br />
- contact details of the client; br />
- contact details of company or person to be registered as owner of the design right; br />
- name of the natural person(s) who created the design; br />
- a short description - if possible - of the design and its novelty, especially if the design has specific characteristics which can not to be seen in the views; br />
- in case of prior design application in a foreign country: please provide us with a copy or a certified copy of the application, receipt of the filing, file number and name of the patent office. br />
If you engage us we will render the following services: br />
- Preparation of the filing including selection of the classes of goods (Locarno-classes); br />
- Examination of the images in regard to the formal requirements (we do not review if the design is new and has an individual character); br />
- requesting for additional documents or new images; br />
- legal advice with regard to the filing process and documents; br />
- sending the prepared filing details to you for review; br />
- request a power of attorney, If the Office will required a legalization of your power of attorney the external fees for a notary certification and a court issued Apostille are expenses you will be charged separately; br />
- Filing the application at patent office; If the Office will required a legalization of documents the external fees for a notary and a court (issuing an Apostille) are expenses you will be charged separately; br />
- Representation of the applicant in front of the office; br />
- Payment of the official fees (application fee, registration fee, publication fee); br />
- Transmission of office documents as well as the letter confirming the application; br />
- Legal advice in due time in order to enable you to extend the protection of your design patent to foreign countries by claiming the priority of the prior application; br />
- Receipt, checking and forwarding of the registration certificate (if available) and a copy of an extract from the register; br />
- Receipt and transmission of all documents sent from the patent office after the registration; br />
- Docketing and deadline, renewal time monitoring.
As far as the registration proceed provides the possibility that third parties may submit an objection against your design application, such an opposition will arise a new matter. Therefore the representation and legal services in the new opposition matter shall be ordered and paid separately.
The same applies to complaints of the Office which do not concern only mere formalities or Locarno classes. If the office complain particularly in regard to drawings and / or pictures the answering and representation of such office action cause new matter. Regularly we do not expect such a complaint by the Office, in particular if the information that we provide to you before filing of the design application, are considered. But if it should come to such a case, we will inform you and start legal action only if you instruct us in writing form to answer and represent you within the Office Action matter.
Design Registration Austria€550.00
Design Registration Switzerland€650.00